Two Easy Ways to Whiten Your Teeth in Waterloo, OntarioApril 25, 2013
While good oral hygiene is no doubt the first step to having healthy-looking teeth, you may have read and heard of several other methods of teeth whitening. Some of which really work while others are simply a form of quackery. Continue reading to learn more about your teeth whitening options in Waterloo, Ontario.
Zoom WhiteSpeed In-Office Whitening
The quickest, easiest way to effectively whiten your teeth at The Arvanitis Clinic is the in-office treatment with Philips Zoom WhiteSpeed. Zoom WhiteSpeed is the only in-office system that has variable intensity setting so each treatment can be customized to maximize patient comfort. The system also includes desensitizers to help minimize sensitivity and protect your enamel. This dentist-supervised, in-office procedure is safe, effective and clinically proven to whiten up to eight shades—for a brighter, whiter smile in just one office visit.
Zoom WhiteSpeed At Home Whitening
Philips Zoom DayWhite and NiteWhite offer superior at-home whitening for a visibly whiter smile in one day and your whitest healthiest smile in seven to fourteen days. They are the only at-home whitening products to contain amorphous calcium phosphate (ACP), which is clinically proven to reduce sensitivity, protect enamel and help improve the luster and smoothness of the teeth.
Zoom at-home whitening products are completely customizable. Dr. Arvanitis will create a custom tray made just for you and can tailor the formula concentration and wear times to your sensitivity and lifestyle.
Things to Remember About Teeth Whitening
1. A regular visit to Dr. Arvanitis’ clinic is for dental prophylaxis is crucial. Also, regular brushing and flossing is also equally important.
2. Go for crunchy fruits and vegetables such as apples, carrots, and celery. The abrasive property of these food items have help reduce the appearance of stains in your teeth.
3. Have a small amount of cheese and yoghurt after meals. There’s a growing body of scientific evidence which indicate that cheese, yoghurt, and milk prevent tooth decay. Also, there’s no denying that these food products do help build stronger bones and teeth.
4. Skip the baking soda. While it does help whiten teeth, long-term use of baking soda has been revealed to damage the enamel which could actually make your teeth darker.
5. Avoid lemons and apple cider vinegar for teeth whitening too. Like baking soda, it has been shown that both lemon and vinegar contribute to enamel depletion, making you more prone to tooth sensitivity.
6. Teeth whitening takes time. So do not give up if you do not see results right away.
Dr. Arvanitis believes that only a minimum amount of dentistry is required to ensure optimal dental health. Schedule your initial consultation and comprehensive dental evaluation with us by calling 519.748.2282 or by filling out this contact form! We look forward to your visit with us!← What to Expect On Your First Waterloo Periodontal Evaluation Dental Implant Basics in Waterloo, Ontario →