What to Expect On Your First Waterloo Periodontal EvaluationMarch 11, 2013
How important it is for you to regularly visit your Waterloo periodontist? Find out below!
Recent findings by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention revealed that 1 in every 2 American adults aged 30 years and above have periodontal disease. The study titled as “Prevalence of Periodontitis in Adults in the United States: 2009 and 2010,” estimated that 64.7 million American adults, have mild, moderate or severe periodontitis. In adults over age 65, prevalence rate is as high as 70.1 percent. The study was published in the Journal of Dental Research last year.
Dr. George Arvanitis is an Ontario dental implant specialist who is highly experienced in the prevention and treatment of dental problems and gum diseases through his comprehensive periodontal evaluation.
Comprehensive Periodontal Evaluation: What is it?
A comprehensive periodontal evaluation is done on an annual basis with the primary goal of assessing your overall periodontal health: teeth, plaque, gums, bone structure, bites, and predisposing risk factors. The state of these 6 areas are used to determine the current state of your oral health and is the basis of your personalized dental plan of care by Dr. Arvanitis.
What to Expect on Your First Appointment with Dr. Arvanitis
At The Arvanitis Clinic for Implant Dentistry, we understand that your visit to the dentist may be stressful for you. Your initial consultation with Dr. Arvanitis is specifically designed to help you discuss your overall dental goals minus the anxiety.
Expect the following during your first visit with us:
- When you arrive, expect to be warmly greeted by our concierge who will take your coat and serve you a beverage from our cappuccino bar. Enjoy a frothy cappuccino or espresso made with only the finest fresh ground ILLY coffee beans. We also offer herbal teas, specialty coffees, even hot chocolate — a favorite for both young and old. Read a magazine, watch smile TV or relax and listen to some music.
- You will then be ask to fill out some forms concerning your health and hospitalization history. This is very important for Dr. Arvanitis to carefully assess and correctly diagnose the current state of your oral health.
- While waiting for your appointment, you can also browse our extensive photo gallery and check out the before/after photos of Dr. Arvanitis restorations. He has done more than 2000 dental implants since his practice in 1995.
- During your consultation, it is important for you to ask questions about the treatment and procedures. No matter how silly or irrelevant the question may sound, ask away!
- Once the problem is identified, the appropriate procedure will then be discussed in detail and a timeline will be formulated in between the initial consultation and the day of your perfect smile.
Dr. Arvanitis believes that we should only do the minimum amount of dentistry required to ensure optimal dental health. Schedule your initial consultation and comprehensive dental evaluation with us by calling 519.748.2282 or by filling out this contact form! We look forward to your visit with us!Two Easy Ways to Whiten Your Teeth in Waterloo, Ontario →